Here at The Social Brand we are getting ready for the holidays. We figured you are too, because they are coming, COVID or not! We knew you could use some easy, last minute ideas to keep your brand bright and fresh in spite of all the competition, so here goes.
- Gifts: What simple memento can you attach to your business contact information for distribution in the next 6 weeks? A candle, a candy stick, a tea bag, a disposable mask; all these items are inexpensive and easily packaged.
- Social Media Platforms: Perk up your Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest account with a refreshed logo and cover page that ties in with your brand but looks seasonal.
- Gift Cards: Create an online certificate that is generated with a simple button on your landing page.
- Greeting Cards: A personalized card with a sincere greeting keeps your name in front of your customers.
- Charity Presence: What charity can your client(s) join with you to support during this season?
- Contests: A well-publicized photo contest might be just the attention-grabber to bring engagement to your social media presence.
- Giveaways: Similar to a contest, you can offer a prize for a valuable item. Even a gift card for one hour of your service could be of value.
- Calendars: For fresh and useful content, try a calendar widget on your blog or website. It’s a gift that keeps on giving every day of the year.
- Recipes: Tap into the human side of your business with a call for family recipes at this time of the year. To go over the top, ask for a photo of the completed dish, the original handwritten recipe and a typed rendition for ease of access. Your contributors may even be more motivated with a prize for the best presentation.
- Decorations: What decorations could you provide this year that might be an easy distribution for your company’s contact information? An ornament, a live wreath, a decorated Christmas cookie – all could easily be branded or personalized to your service industry in a meaningful way.
Remember the power of the picture. Your organic, clear, and well-lit photos will be your greatest eye-catcher for pulling interest into your social media content. Play with artistic filters occasionally but stick to simple photos for greatest impact.
You’ve heard it before: “Less is more”. During this busy time, focus more on smart hashtags and clever captions than on long and expanded verbiage. Are you sure anyone is taking the time to read your blog posting anyway?
There are so many variations to be aware of during the holidays: Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa and the derivatives of other heritages. Be aware of the culture in your community and honor those culture differences accordingly. You will be humbled and educated by what you learn.
Remember the unique advantages provided by this insular time of COVID. Being cut off from in-person gatherings makes some people more receptive to online interaction. Honestly embracing the reality shows empathy and your company’s willingness to be present during this time.
Be sure to share the love and tag us in your creations! We all know the value of rich content marketing.
Have you downloaded our FREE Holiday Guide yet? What are you waiting for! Start promoting your business right away with 52 ways to promote your business during the Holidays www.thesocialbrandtn.com/holiday
Some ideas retrieved November 18, 2020, from
Sign up for our mailing list to get more marketing tips and tricks!
Learn from a marketing guru