Launching your website simply means that we are making your new website available to the world.
From the very beginning of any project, we try to make sure our process is well-defined. This is our final transition from the build stage to the launch stage.
You are here.
Before Launch Day
Leading up to Launch Day, we will need a few things from you.
- Your domain name should be owned by you. Click here to learn why we think so.
- If you're buying a new domain name, click here for our recommended domain registrar website.
- Please make sure that we have the login information for the account of your domain registrar. If you haven't given this to us yet, click here to securely submit this information to us.
- Thoroughly review all pages of your staged website prior to giving approval for the website to launch.
- Review and select the care plan that makes sense for your business. Click here to review.
- Please schedule your Launch Meeting by clicking here. If you don't see a time that works for you, just talk to us and we'll find a time.
Additionally, on our end - once you've approved the design of the website, our team moves into the "Launch Phase." In this phase, we'll be doing a few things:
- Adjusting the mobile version of every page to properly respond on each type of device.
- Set up all necessary analytics accounts for your website. (For Custom Website and Rebranding packages)
- Finish the SEO set-up so that your site is properly indexed by Google and other major search engines (Only applies to Rebranding Packages)
- Testing site for fast loading and optimizing for quick load times on all devices.
In order to be as productive as possible, if you are able - we recommend that you bring a laptop to your Wrap Up Meeting.
In your Launch Meeting, here's what to expect:
- We will do a final review of your website together before launching your website.
- We will set up your care plan for continued maintenance.
- All login information, final files, and other important details will be handed off and explained.
- We will show you the backend of your website and explain the basics.
- Typically, after we launch the site - it takes about 24 hours (sometimes up to 48 hours) to fully propagate. We will be monitoring this to make sure everything goes smoothly.
After your Launch Day, here's what to expect:
- We typically recommend holding off on posting about your new website on social media or other public platforms for a couple of days. This gives the website a chance to fully propagate and for us to catch any potential issues before your customers see them.
- Once the website is finished propagating, we will send you an email letting you know and we will provide you an image to promote your new website on social media.
- You do have a 30-day grace period that will cover any issues that we potentially missed. Please see below to learn more about this.
- Typically, we will highlight your project on our social media platforms to tell our network about your business.
30 DAY GRACE PERIOD
The 30-day grace period exists to cover any issues that weren't discovered during the build phase. The intention of this period is not to add to initial scope of the project, change the design or add to the initial ideas discussed. The intention of this period is to make sure that we haven't missed typos, that all buttons are working and any integrations are working properly.
The following are specific examples of types of issues covered by the 30-day grace period:
- broken links
- grammatical errors in copy
- broken links
- integration issues with software or plug-ins included in the scope of your project
What's Not Covered
The following are specific examples of types of issues not covered by the 30-day grace period:
- changes to the design of the website (ex. "We've decided we don't like this color, this icon or this other design element.")
- changes to your content (ex. "We've changed our pricing, our policy, tagline, etc.")
- adding or removing a page
Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions? Just call us! We're happy to help.